2100 finally tackling fletching. Research, here I come.

Where you can come and discuss recipes and trade skills
Dedarye

2100 finally tackling fletching. Research, here I come.

Post by Dedarye »

Finally got 2100 the other night by finishing fletching, other tradeskills were maxed for a while :).
Now just to get that research to 300. I am sitting on a healthy 243 skill right now having only vendored the last 3 points to go as high as possible with them.
I made so many practice runes back in the day that needed gargoyle eyes. Now I wish I saved them for brewing. heh.

Redi

Post by Redi »

Congrats :). Is there stuff we could save that you'd use?
Redi of Qeynos - <The Keepers>
Ashorty says: one thing i dont stand for is idioticy

Koutarou

Post by Koutarou »

What route did you use for fletching? I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get on that now that tailoring done and smithing nearly so.

Adruger

Post by Adruger »

For me Fletching was the most expensive by far, though if your willing and able to forage, neither of which I was, its cheaper. So far I have evolved 4 of my 8 trophies to lvl 7 (15%), rest still somewhere in lvl 6 (12%).

If your working on researching, I have this thing about having a full spell book, and my cleric is missing a few spells I would like to get made :)

Giiana

Post by Giiana »

i did karana fletching :twisted:

i just have tailoring 293 and blacksmithing 289 to finish off to be part of the 2100 club :/

silent_hand

Post by silent_hand »

Fletching, store bought to 280ish, then go farm branches in the swamp.

From eqtraders:

Here's the easiest way to go about it I think.

http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_ite ... 0&menustr=

Trivials at 288

http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_ite ... 5&menustr=

Trivials at 302

http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_ite ... 8&menustr=

Trivials at 308

The best part about these 3 recipes is that their subcombine (the bow staff) trivials HIGHER than they do. So for each bow you make you are actually getting 2 chances at skillup.

You will over the long hall require 1 horse hoof per 10 bows, 1.5 branches per bow, and 2 spiderling silks per bow. Again though, 2 skillup shots (or trophy exp gains) ber bow so on a per combine basis, you need 1/20 of a horse hoof, 3/4 of a branch, and 1 spiderling silk.

------------

Dry Treant Branch
Straight Oak Treant Branch
Straight Treant Branch
All these 3 branch can drops randomly from all treants in central Swamp of Obsqura in blightfire moon, far easier and quick than ground spawn or forage in Elddar Forest.
4 hours farming = approx 30 branch of each, in mean think is 1 branch on 2 or 3 kill (yes i killed a lot of treants ). Treants repop is very fast.
In same zone you can also kill the 2 Sergeants (repop 10 minutes) for hoof not a lot of drop but as you only need a few...

Dedarye

Post by Dedarye »

Fletching was easy since I have a baby master tinkerer and made tons of bow cams ahead of time. From 224 just goto Shadeweavers Thicket with either a bot or a friend not on Luclin to tell you the game time. Shortly after 4PM game time kill all the mobs in the caves and dont bother looting. As a mage I was able to do this very quickly so ymmv. Then go back to where you started, by then the mobs that drop chunks of condensed shadows should be spawned, Kill them, only loot the shadows and keep up the clearing, you should be able to get 2 spawns ea of them if you kill/loot fast enough. Each clearing will yield 1 3/4 - 3 stacks of shadows depending on drop rates, 2 1/8 seems to be the common. From 224 you will need roughly 2 1/2 10 slot packs full of the shadows, so taking your time only doing it when you are bored can get you shadows in about 1 weeks time, if you really push for it you can get them all in one day... but that would be extreme.
Those shadows along with acrylia ore will get you to 268. From 268 just vendor route it to 282. Costs about 30K plat but no faming involved. After 282 you have 3 options all of which require plat and or farming. Since I stockpiled stuff making bow cams with my tinkerer I got to 296 very quick making nightmare bows which I later tributed. They trib for 3K ea so it was not long before I maxed my trib :). Nightmare bows get you to 295. Then you farm treants in Goru to get to 300. The drop rates on the treant stuff is spuratic. You'll either get a lot or very little if any per clearing. Treant stuff nets you two skill-up possibilities but also requires farming of spiderling silks and horse hoofs. From 282 skill, farming 2 stacks or buying 2 stacks of horse hoof's should be all you need.

As for what I need for finishing off research. I am gunna take my time stockpiling stuff for that as I want to get it done in one shot, or get as close as I can for it but I have a feeling I will have to talk with Xslia as she already finished research.
Things that I know off hand for research are parchments. With only a 243 skill nearly any parchment will work for the time being except used parchments. Those make combines below my trivial. Sunshard ores... tons of them. And almost any 'vellum parchment'

Bazma

Re: 2100 finally tackling fletching. Research, here I come.

Post by Bazma »

For your Research use the binding powders. You get 2 chances at a skillup, one for the parch and one for the spell (that will be clear once you start doing them.) So don't vendor them !

Baz