Silk Ac discussion

Class chat, links, and maps ...
crystalmind

Silk Ac discussion

Post by crystalmind »

Ok everyone has varied opinions on AC and silk classes. Lets try and cipher though facts, yes thats hard because SEO isnt to forward with puting out info.

A post from Yakk, on enc runes is thus:

"" I also believe that our gains from AC over the softcap is so minimal that I do not factor it into any decisions. ""

Re: Whats our return on Herroic Stats? Aug Decision!

Postby Yakk » Jan 14th, '09, 10:12

I also believe that our gains from AC over the softcap is so minimal that I do not factor it into any decisions.

That was pretty much true, pre-SOF.

Post SOF, returns look like:
30% (Silk and Druids)
37.5% (Other)
48% (Monk, Ranger, Bard, Cleric)
50% (Knights)
52% (WAR)

(This may be off, but if it is off, it is off by a fixed multiple on every class).

This is based off of the AoW AC returns, which SOE said ended up being the same amount of "real" AC after the softcapping.

This means that AC is worth considering. Interestingly, with our runes and the like, we have more HP when attacked than Tanks do -- which ramps up the value of AC. On the other hand, we get less return from AC, which ramps it down, and our gear has less AC...

---

Heroic STA gives HP. So ... check how many HP you get.

Heroic AGI gives defense and dodge chance.

Heroic STR gives increased shield AC.

So it would appear that indeed after SoF expansion ac has had some real value to silk. I had parsed damage taken on 5000 hits before I quit ( me and my twin ) with me in 3k ac and her in 4k ac, we had the same defensives AAs. The difference on damage parse was noticable, lending to that AC while a lower value for us silkies still has indeed value for the silk wearer.

Often people refer to AC returns for silk into a equation called AC to HPe ( Hit Point Equivalent ).

I am going to try and verify what silk classes new Soft cap is before laying down any math on conversion rations for return, actual ac vs displayed etc.

crystalmind

Re: Silk Ac discussion

Post by crystalmind »

From Dev -Ngreth

"" heroic strength adds to SHIELD AC (and only the AC from the shield) at 1 to 10 ratio.

Those are the only answers I have for you currently SMILEY I am not aware of the soft caps changing since SoD, I do not know if they changed for SoD.

At this time I am not going to bother Code for details past that. ""

as we all know shield ac does not count towards our soft cap so the entire shield ac becomes actual ac. It would seem that coupled with the post from dev that this heroic stat is worth considering when looking at two items for the same slot ( Example : two arm slot items )

crystalmind

Re: Silk Ac discussion

Post by crystalmind »

From same dev:

"' in Underfoot, we are working to make CASTER 2HB closer to 1HB and shield. They even have an extra aug slot for stats. ""

so it would seem ( part of an ongoing ac thread that this dev replyed to ) that they are making some of the ac from 2HB not count on our soft cap. No ration however was given, and he did indeed later say that it would not be full, like a sheild is.

Later in same thread it would appear on the list of future options this:

"" Would be nice, to at least get the shield block AA to work with 2HB, as we lose the AC, however i bet that AA is tied up in some code, only allowing it to work with shields. ""

Dev-Ngreth:

I am sure there is a way. Sklug and his team are brilliant.

That said, It does not seem the direction we want to go either. Using a 2 hander is a sacrifice to AC, and in many cases more than AC. If it is not worth that sacrifice to you, then do not use it. If it is, then use it. We want that choice. We do not want to make 2 handers the prime choice, or even close enough that it is largely a cosmetic choice. We want it to be a definite choice with benefits and drawbacks. We are even happy with the fact for some classes it is a very poor choice (any dual wielding class), or not even a choice (zerkers get no choice here...) Yes, we do understand that for different classes the level of choice is quite different. We are working for certain classes to make it closer in options, thus the changes to caster 2 handers... But it will STILL be a choice.