Holiday Recipe share time

post here to join our raids/join active raiding member list. Open Chat Area.
Xslia
Site Admin

Holiday Recipe share time

Post by Xslia »

Just for the heck of it and a discussion we got into the other day in channel - was about different foods and recipes we have. Someone asked me about my pumpkin pie and cheesecake.

Well for pumpkin pie - you cannot go wrong with the recipe posted on the back of any canned Libby's pumpkin puree. My family has been using that one for years - with one change - we add about 1/4 tsp nutmeg to the recipe. No matter if i used canned or fresh pumpkin puree - that's the one I use, I have a old can label stored in a binder just in case they stop printing it on the cans!

Now for Cheesecake. This one was handed to me by a co-worker many years ago - who made and sold these for extra money to in his college days. This cheesecake is wonderful, a bit on the rich side due to the amount of ingredients, but it's never turned out bad.

Cheesecake:
40 oz cream cheese (5 8 oz packages) - yes 5! (let get to room temperature so it's easy to mix)
5 whole eggs
2 egg yokes
2 cups sugar
3 tbsp flour
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/8 to 1/4 tsp lemon peel (to taste and can omit or replace with other flavors you choose).

Mix the Dries (Sugar, flour, lemon peel)

In a mixer - mix the cream cheese, eggs, heavy cream till blended, add the dries + vanilla (combine all).
Pour into a graham cracker crust.

Graham Cracker Crust:
2 cups graham cracker crumbs) - can buy crumbs or get the wafers and put them in a ziploc bag and run your rolling pin over them
1/4 cup sugar
1 stick melted butter
Mix - all - then press into a spring form pan - pushing up the sides about 1 1/2 to 2 inches.

Pour in the Cream cheese filling

Bake 15 @ 450
Reduce to 275 - bake for 1 hour
turn off oven - let slow cool for 20-30 minutes
Refrigerate for 3 hours before serving - better if left overnight.

Toppings - if you want them
Fresh strawberries/blueberries always work.

If you want more syrup type toppings - can always combine fresh strawberries with sugar and make your own - or even by the frozen type strawberries already in syrup.

One of my favorites is to cook blueberries with about 1/4 cup Orange Liquor to make a sauce.

and ALWAYS - chocolate sauce of any sorts!

Dami

Re: Holiday Recipe share time

Post by Dami »

Im not sure how to make these two things but they are very colombian.
Buñuelos and Natilla, nothing tops it for me. =)
Dark Elf Warrior... forgot level...90-95? o.O

Trilo

Post by Trilo »

For the past couple of weeks, I've been making a few batches of these cookies, here and there:

Lara's Tender Gingersnaps Recipe
Soft gingersnaps embody the tastes and smells of the season. Enjoy cloves, cinnamon and ginger blended into one delicious cookie. These are perfect for Thanksgiving and fall gatherings. —Lara Pennell, Mauldin, South Carolina

TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:36 servings

Ingredients
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 cup sugar

Directions
1. In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter until blended. Beat in egg and molasses. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves; gradually add to brown sugar mixture and mix well (dough will be stiff). Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

2. Shape dough into 1 in. balls. Roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.

3. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.

Nutritional Facts
1 cookie equals 99 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 67 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC
Read more: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/lara ... z3MGDx4vew

sanelyene

Post by sanelyene »

This is my favorite cheesecake recipe. The video for it is very helpful as well and I will be making it for Christmas!! Yum Yum!

White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Recipe
Ingredients (all ingredients should be at room temperature)
1 1/2 cups chocolate cookies (cream removed), crushed (about 2 sleeves of cookies)
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup white chocolate chips (can use more)

4 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup milk
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1/4 cup flour

1/2 cup of seedless, raspberry preserve
water (to mix with preserve)
Preheat oven to 350
(prepare a water bath to place in the oven while oven is preheating)

Let’s Make the Crust!

Step 1.) In a bowl combine the crushed cookie crumbs with the butter and mix until moistened.

Step 2.) Press the crumbs into the bottom of a prepared spring form pan and place in the freezer for at least 10-15 minutes.

Let’s Make the Filling!

Step 1.) In a large bowl add the cream cheese and sugar. Beat on low speed until fluffy and free of lumps.

Step 2.) Blend in the milk & mix in the eggs one at a time, beating after each egg.

Step 3.) Add in the sour cream, vanilla, & flour. Mix until well combined

Step 4.) Remove the chilled crust from the freezer and pour on the chocolate chips until there is an even layer.

Step 5.) Pour the cream cheese mixture into the pan. (If you want your raspberry swirls to be all throughout the cheesecake and not just on the top then pour half the batter in the pan, proceed with step 6 and then pour the other half of the batter on top and repeat step 6. Did I confuse you)

Step 6.) In a small bowl, mix raspberry preserve with enough water until it is thin & syrupy. With a spoon place a few swirls of raspberry preserve on top of the cheesecake. Drag a knife through the cheesecake to swirl the raspberry preserve.

Step 7.) Bake for 1 hour. When cheesecake is done simply turn off the oven and let cheesecake cool off completely in the oven.

Step 8.) When cheesecake has cooled, wrap it in saran wrap and place into the refrigerator overnight to completely set. Do not remove from pan until the next day.
Step 9.) If desired, when ready to serve garnish with cool whip, fresh raspberries and shaved white/ dark chocolate.

To see a you tube demonstration see:
http://divascancook.com/2009/11/white-c ... ecipe.html
or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agCV_ZbFjLc

My Notes
You can choose Step 9 to decorate it any way you want. I use my home made Icing for the topping/decoration. This is for a carrot cake recipe I have but it works for this. You will have extra left over. I also spread the raspberry jam over the top. Lastly, I sprinkled my left over white chocolate chips over the top.

Cream cheese Icing
Icing
1 cube butter
1 8oz cream cheese
4 cups sifted powder sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla

Cream together first two ingredients. Slowly add shifted sugar and vanilla for your icing.

Xslia
Site Admin

Post by Xslia »

I thought I posted this at one time - someone asked me to share my cheesecake recipe ! Here it is - with the holidays upon us - share your favorites with us.

Kivanarri

Post by Kivanarri »

I'll go with a generic everyday one. 1 frozen banana chopped, 1 cup of skim milk, 2 scoops of chocolate protein powder and mix in a blender or similar device. Enjoy :).