Nevus - 10/8/2017 - lost her battle with cancer

post here to join our raids/join active raiding member list. Open Chat Area.
Xslia
Site Admin

Nevus - 10/8/2017 - lost her battle with cancer

Post by Xslia »

Never an easy way to say this - we lost a member of our family on 10/8/2017. Nevus was a core part of this group for years. She's been battling cancer for 19 years with chemo and different protocols, she been at Stage 4 for many years - fighting against this disease every second of every day.

She was an awesome player, friend, and interior decorator in game with the objects she found. If you want to look at some of her handy-work go visit her homes or even the Infinit guild hall. Nevus and Yllaena were instrumental in 90% of it's room decorations).

I will also treasure her banter and Wanluan jokes, getting her and Cinda going was nothing but smiles and giggles and out right laughter.

Her Mom wants to put together a memory book and asked that I reach out to the community for your thoughts and memories. I will collect your memories you post and send them to her mom. ( edIt: her brother has done a page you all can post your comments - see Yllaena's post below.

In Remembrance and Love - We will miss you Nevus and your contributions to making this game fun to log in to.

Xslia

Lyssabeth

Re: Nevus - 10/8/2017 - lost her battle with cancer

Post by Lyssabeth »

I am going to need help abusing Wanluan. We were so able to feed off each other to harass him in /gu and while grouping, from Children of the Phoenix guild and Lyrissa's raids, to Amicus and Adawan's Plane of Sky or WedRaids, and onto Pub.

Stronger people have given up, yet she refused to let that lingering curse win without a fight.

Even with such a long time coming and preparing, i can't give up on such a friend.

I miss you.
Lyssabeth.

Wanluan

Post by Wanluan »

You two said it best. She was the best. As Lys said, we knew this was coming but it is still hard. I loved her and loved coming on every night to raid and to be the butt (pun intended) of her jokes and fun. She would want us to continue having fun and picking on me and winning raids. She will be missed and God bless her.

Wanluan

Yllaena

Post by Yllaena »

I wanted to pass this along from Nevus's family. Her brother and sister-in-law have started a memory book for people to share their favorite EQ memories of her, since it was such a big part of her life for such a long time.

"Terri (Nevus), the “Miracle Girl“ of St. Anthony’s Cancer center, would like to let you know that her work here is finally done. She received a job offer she couldn’t refuse. This new assignment comes with several bonuses: a reunion with father Alden, beloved dog Venus, and friends she hasn’t seen at chemo for a while. Her new role takes her to a wonderful place where she will be telling jokes, shaking stuffy people up, cheering on the Dolphins, drinking Starbucks coffee, and playing EQ to her heart’s content.

Her family wants you to know, Terri isn’t gone. She will forever live on in the hearts and memories of all who knew her.

Terri's EQ group was a big part of her life. Her thoughts were with all of you at the end. Terri passed peacefully in Hospice surrounded by her family and friends.

If you would like to remember Terri (Nevus), please contribute a memory you have of a time you shared together. Her mother and brothers would love to hear everyone's stories.

To light a candle for Terri (Nevus) do the following:

Go to:
http://gratefulness.org/light-a-candle/view-all

Pick an unlit candle and light it. You should get this message:

Before continuing, reflect for a moment on your purpose for lighting this candle.

Hit next.

Write your memory of Terri (Nevus) and sign it with your handle.

You will see a section that asks you to sign it. Enter “Nevus”.

Hit next.

If you wish to read the candles for Terri (Nevus) just use the search box in the upper right on the first page of candles (Search on "Nevus")."

She was such a strong and amazing woman and she will be missed.
Yllaena Soulseeker
Cleric of Tunare

Micaiah

Post by Micaiah »

We will miss you, Nevus, and remember the times we spent getting to know you.

Micaiah and Crystill

sanelyene

Post by sanelyene »

She was such a wonderful friend on EQ. She was the funniest person who made me laugh more than anyone in our raids over the years. She was a generous soul who loved this game and loved decorating! She helped me so much, inspiring me and when a time I was only coming on to decorate she was a friend I could talk with. How she loved to talk about her house decorating!!

She truly had such a great sense of humor and raiding won't be the same without her. Darklion and I are deeply saddened by her loss and we are ever so grateful to have known her. May God bless her soul and we know now she has new places to decorate!!

We loved you Nevus!! You will be missed!!
Saney and Darklion