The Nuek Challenge

post here to join our raids/join active raiding member list. Open Chat Area.
Hildegarn

The Nuek Challenge

Post by Hildegarn »

Hey ya'll it's your favorite woodelf warrior Hildegarn here,

In keeping with Nuek's challenge that we all better ourselves I am open asking anyone with direct WARRIOR experience to give me whatever tips/tricks/pointers you feel may be helpful. I will openly admit before getting involved with Infinit I hadn't raided since depths of darkhollow era. So as you can imagine that is quite alot of changes and whatnot to what I used to do and what was ingrained into my brain for warrior tanking.

Things I am focused on getting better at:

What cooldown's to use when...I have a decent idea but sometimes I will royally screw the pooch and splat pretty spectacularly.

AoE aggro...I only know of area taunt/rampage....I know there are other disc/abilities for this....what are they and how do they work? Also I have recently made myself familiar with the extended target window and that is VERY handy for yanking stuff and fast target swapping...not sure how we lived without that back in the day.

Macro's...I have a few but I will deff say I am rusty as hell in making these things...getting the correct ability inserted and a target tag...also I know I need to make something that lets healers know I am taking over on a target/boss....any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dps I feel I am okay at.... I have a super burn macro that pops about 5 abilities at once and I go to town...no idea at all where I am in parses....then again as a warrior unless i'm wailing away on something for a good while I don't expect it to be anything noteworthy. However, any cool warrior related burn tips or tricks can always be handy....tell me your secrets!!!

Perhaps a quicklist of the most commonly used discs/abilities...just in case there is a MUST HAVE that isn't already on my hotbar...or even something that I flat out do not even know of as their is a good possibility i may be missing something vital and not even know it.

Overall I just want to improve myself to better serve you all in my capacity as a group and raid tank. I promise anything said will be taken constructively. I know I am far from the best But I aint chopped liver either. There are things I need to have a better grasp on to be more effective at what I do. And this is what I want to work on.

Xslia
Site Admin

Re: The Nuek Challenge

Post by Xslia »

Tip 1: talk to the warriors!

Tip 2: DPS should be secondary to raiding as a tank - tank duties come first

Tip 3: learn something new every day! or buy me chocolate

Xslia

Docmoon

Post by Docmoon »

I no longer main a warrior, but I do read the boards and try to figure out how to continually play mine. Start scrounging the forums, I picked up a lot of decent information there since Steel Warriors went away years ago.

Moon

Kivanarri

Post by Kivanarri »

Hildegarn, this what I use on my warrior with updated discs from latest expansion. I do not raid on my warrior, but I've found these helpful in getting content done each expansion. The raid tanks can chime in and give updates, however this is a start. For anyone else reading this thread, I suggest looking at the other class forums on EQ freelance because it has a lot of good info, including maps etc.

http://forums.eqfreelance.net/index.php?topic=2973.0

Cheers!