Attempt at capturing raiders having fun - video clippings

Screen shots, raid result screen shots, screen shot chatter.
Xslia
Site Admin

Attempt at capturing raiders having fun - video clippings

Post by Xslia »

OK, with my new computer I got a basic "video editing" package, so I figured what the heck, I used FRAPS to capture some shots of you all in action Saturday night in bloodmoon. I figured I'd try and do a few of these down the road IF I COULD figure out the software and editing. So you all are my test lab subjects!!!! I realized a lot of things this weekend while trying to "fit this together". I know this is very rough, but like I said, I'm trying to get a feel for the process, and there are quite a few mistakes, Like my cursor being in the middle of the screen, a glitch in the clip that causes the music to skip, staying focused 2 long on one spot, etc.,

However MY BIGGEST HEADACE is the quality of the picture, and second biggest is getting it uploaded!!!.

I uploaded the clip to Google video and youtube and the quaility is so crappy you cannot see your names clearly. When I view it on my system, I have a "cripser" view. I've FPT'd it the webhost site, in a zip file and normal play mode - due to size you might want to download then view from your PC vs trying to use the site bandwidth.

Not sure I want to even link in the youtube or google video clips they are so horrible in graphics, so will give you what i uploaded to website only.

unzipped

pics/BMvideo_0002.wmv

zipped file
pics/BMvideo_0003.zip

I guess the question I have is FRAPS a good screen capture software or is there a better one? or is the video editing tool that is causing the crappy viewing once it's converted to a published video clip?

(Anyway this is what I spent my Sunday working on... then Sunday night trying to figure out how the hell to upload less then 1 hour a shot.)

Enjoy if you can see it.

Camlinae

Re: Attempt at capturing raiders having fun - video clippings

Post by Camlinae »

You may have better luck using something along the lines of Camtasia http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.asp. I used to use it for work for doing video demo's of things like video conferencing system i was working on etc. It is also the only application I have found to work with certain types of system renderings like Adobe's Air. As for video quality both Google and Youtube do their own compressions to the video's to reduce file size.

Experimentation is needed with other video formats also wmv is not the most efficient format the problem is there are so many, h264, avi, ogg, mov, wmv (the list gets really long). And it takes alot of time to experiment with compressions/video formats as each base video can compress differently.

I think fraps and camtasia with both let you export in many formats camtasia will even do swf's which are great for websites. Been such a while since i used either. Anyways this kind of thing is alot of trial and error with different software
Zombified

Camlinae

Post by Camlinae »

Now that the download is finished nice job by the way :)
Zombified

Koutarou

Post by Koutarou »

EQ is actually kinda pretty with all the sparklies turned on.

Diwindy

Post by Diwindy »

I love it, and the music rocks!!
Live your life in such a way that
when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit... she's awake!!'

The trouble with life is there's no background music

Kilori

Post by Kilori »

Very nice job, Xslia. Makes me miss you all even more.

Adruger

Post by Adruger »

Means you should come visit.