Sadness has filled our lives

post here to join our raids/join active raiding member list. Open Chat Area.
Toadow

Sadness has filled our lives

Post by Toadow »

Yesterday was the hardest day of our lives and the beginning of more hard days to come. As some are aware, and I want to make all aware, Slurperess was diagnosed with breast cancer on 09/07/2017 but had to have cat scans and MRIs over the next week to determine the extent of the spread. Yesterday we got the results. They were not good. They have given Slurp 6 months to a year to live. She has been diagnosed with breast, brain, bone, liver and lung cancer.
Slurp wants me to let you all know she loves you all ( even Wanluan, her words not mine ) and is proud to be associated with you all. It is also her desire to continue raiding with you until she can no longer do so.
I apologize for submitting it this way but to express it over and again is somewhat taxing.
Slurperess and I have been married for 16 years come December. She is my best friend. She is the best person I know by far. I wanted to tell you so you can take the time to get to know her better ( if that's you desire ) and be a part of her life in this very hard time.
I want to make what time is left the best it can be. Her wish is my command. Apparently we can't fight it but we are not going to let it beat down our spirit. I want her days filled with as much joy as she can stand for as long as I can. This has been hard to write and I ask your forgiveness if it seems to ramble a bit.

Xslia
Site Admin

Re: Sadness has filled our lives

Post by Xslia »

Snarkus/Toadow

Nothing can ever express the feeling of helplessness that you get when you get this news about a loved one. Nothing will ever diminish that feeling. All I can do is tell you is do what you are doing - Love each other, there will be good days and not so good days for both of you, hold onto that love.

Know that we love Slurp, and you and when she feels like being here part of this EQ family - we will be here also. We can all share in a few hours of fun harassing Wanluan together!

Hugs
Xslia