Leveling Gnoll Illusion Shroud

Guides & other useful Information
Docmoon

Leveling Gnoll Illusion Shroud

Post by Docmoon »

Leveling guide for the Gnoll Illusion Shrouds

Ok, I found out this method searching some boards after trying to return to work on leveling the shrouds on my characters. Previously, I approached it like a power level situation, took forever. It took so long that I took a few years off from doing it again. I tried recently in Crescent Reach using Galamann’s ideas with a shaman. It was only slightly faster than before. So I got frustrated and started looking for another method. I had read something about using a level 100 cleric to help Powerlevel, but that wasn’t an option for me.

This is what worked. You will need 2 characters minimum to do this.

Purchase a bunch of Oil of Fennin Ro for about 1050pp each from Zordak Ragefire in Nagafen’s Lair. The oil has 4 charges of Flame Arc which has a low level fire damage in front of the caster. I also read that you may buy it in Abysmal Sea from Ardtia Aughsan, which may be easier. Zordak is just off the bridge at the point you get banished from the zone. Buy about 15-20 of these.

Shroud your character to the gnoll illusion of 55 and give him the Oil of Fennin Ro. Head over to Crypt of Decay. Take your character that is not shrouded, use the newer damage shields, and use a non-damage setup with your weapons. Create a train and bring them back to the entrance where you have your shrouded character. The theory at this point is to have the shrouded character stand next to the cluster of mobs and click Oil of Fennin Ro. At this point your shrouded character will be dead….Aggro is the key to doing this. When my war was the character creating the train, I had no trouble doing this using ae agro tools. It was almost flawless, getting 20-25% of a shroud level a pull. When I tried to level my warrior up the same way, had a lot of difficulty. So I AE rooted repeatedly with my ranger while AE healing on my shaman a few times before using the Oil of Fennin Ro. It worked ok, but I died a few times doing it. All in all, it was much faster and it only took a few hours to knock it out on all 3 characters to level 5 with the max AC award for the AA.

If you are reading this and have no idea what it is about, look up this quest: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/que ... quest=7521 which is only available during the anniversary times.

This can be adapted to powerlevel characters as well.

Docmoon

Stumblelord

Re: Leveling Gnoll Illusion Shroud

Post by Stumblelord »

If you have several accounts to play with... here's option B:

I leveled the elemental up to use the Fire elemental. Level 70's Damage shield sticks to... a level 5.
Level 70's healer HP buff sticks to a level 5. Level 70 bear buff, level 70 croc buff, level 70 fairy haste and sow buff... stick to a level 5.

Crank all the buffs you want onto a level 5 and stomp the Warrens from the Paineel stone. Hell, even the Paineel newbie yard would be fine due to how fast it respawns.

SoW buff lasts 45 mins or so, everything else lasts 15 minutes. Despite how disappointing that sounds, you can level shrouds fast this way (with a little less dying LOL)
Former Leader of Sacred Destiny of E`ci